Disney Announces Show-Stopping Lineup of Broadway Stars Performing at the Epcot Festival of the Arts 2020
The Epcot International Festival of the Arts kicks off this Friday at Epcot! We're all gearing up and getting ready to try all the new food, experience all the incredible art, and one of our favorite parts, watch the amazing Broadway performances! The Disney Parks Blog just released the complete lineup of Broadway artists taking the stage this year, and also included a video sitting down with Heidi Blickenstaff and Gavin Lee to discuss all the information for the upcoming festival.
Here’s the full lineup of show-stopping talent for the Disney on Broadway Concert Series:
- Jan. 17, 20, 21 and 24 – Kissy Simmons and Alton Fitzgerald White (“THE LION KING”)
- Jan. 18, 19, 22 and 23 – Heidi Blickenstaff (“The Little Mermaid”) and Gavin Lee (“Mary Poppins”)
- Jan. 25 – Special performance featuring Simmons, White, Blickenstaff and Lee
- Jan. 26, 28, 29; Feb. 1, 2, 5 and 6 – Kara Lindsay (“Newsies”) and Kevin Massey (“Tarzan”)
- Jan. 27, 30, 31, Feb. 3, 4, 7 and 8 – Liana Hunt (“Newsies”) and Adam Jacobs (“Aladdin”)
- Feb. 9 – Special performance featuring Lindsay, Massey, Hunt and Jacobs
- Feb. 10, 12, 13, 18, 19, 22 and 23 – Ashley Brown (“Mary Poppins”) and Josh Strickland (“Tarzan”)
- Feb. 11, 14, 15, 16, 17, 20 and 21 – Syndee Winters (“The Lion King”) and Michael James Scott (“Aladdin”)
- Feb. 24 – Special performance featuring Brown, Strickland, Winters and Scott.
Heidi Blickenstaff and Gavin Lee will be among the first performers to grace the stage of America Gardens Theater for this fan-favorite concert series. Heidi is best known for her starring role as Ursula in Disney on Broadway’s “The Little Mermaid.” Gavin received a Tony Award nomination for his Broadway performance as Bert in Disney’s “Mary Poppins” and most recently played Lumière in the 25th-anniversary production of “Disney’s Beauty and the Beast.”
The duo will perform five nights of shows beginning Jan. 18, including a special performance alongside fellow Broadway legends Alton Fitzgerald White and Kissy Simmons. The Disney Parks Blog sat down with Heidi and Gavin this past December to learn more about their upcoming performances at Epcot. Check out the video below for more information!
The Epcot International Festival of the Arts, held Jan. 17 – Feb. 24, 2020, at Walt Disney World Resort in Florida, celebrates the very best in visual, culinary and performing arts by bringing in professional artists to share their talent and expertise. All shows are performed at America Gardens Theatre and are included with theme park admission. The best way to experience a performance is by reserving a Disney on Broadway Dining Package, which guarantees seating for one show on the day of the dining experience. Packages at participating Epcot restaurants are now booking; visit ArtfulEpcot.com or call (407) WDW-FEST to make a reservation.
What are you most excited to experience at this year's Festival of the Arts? DM us on Instagram @TheLostBros and let us know!
If you liked this article make sure to check out our store here, and use LOSTBROSBLOG for 10% off your first order!