The Complete Guide to Character Encounters on the Disney Cruise Line
From Mickey's initial Sail-A-Wave Party to the Frozen Deck Party, to character meet and greets around the ship and on Castaway Cay, there is an endless number of Disney characters to interact with during your Disney Cruise Line cruise! To help better organize and track down which characters you want to meet during your next cruise, we put together this complete guide to meeting Disney Cruise Line characters!
Photo Ops with Favorite Characters
The easiest way to brush feathers with Donald or snap a pic with Minnie is to attend a meet and greet. Meet and greets happen in various locations during various times of your cruise, however some Disney Characters you may see during your cruise include:
- Mickey Mouse
- Minnie Mouse
- Donald Duck
- Daisy Duck
- Chip 'n Dale
- Doc McStuffins
- Sofia the First
- Queen Elsa
- Princess Anna
The meeting locations for these characters happen in different locations depending on which ship you're on, including:
All Disney Ships
- Lobby Atrium
- Disney's Oceaneer Lab
- Disney's Oceaneer Club
Also, look for Character Greetings on these ships at these additional areas:
Disney Dream and Disney Fantasy
- Donald's Pool area
Disney Magic and Disney Wonder
- Deck 4, Midship
- Deck 4, Balcony
- Goofy’s Pool Stage
Additional Character Appearances
Available on all Disney cruises, a final farewell lets you share goodbye hugs and snap some last-minute pictures of beloved Disney Characters before your cruise vacation draws to an end.
- ‘Til We Meet Again Party ‘Till We Meet Again is a goodbye party held in the Atrium Lobby the night before debarkation on the Disney Magic and the Disney Wonder.
Sea Ya' Real Soon! Party
Sea Ya' Real Soon! is a farewell party in the Atrium Lobby aboard the Disney Dream and Disney Fantasy the night before debarkation day.
- Pirate Night - Feast on a pirate-themed dinner followed by a “Pirates in the Caribbean” show and deck party. Please note: Some itineraries do not include fireworks and/or Pirate Night.
- Catch another chance to rub elbows with the Fab Five during the Character Breakfast. During this special ticketed event Omelets, Mickey waffles and French toast taste better when you add a delicious visit from popular Disney pals! On select cruises of 7 nights or longer, Guests can pose for souvenir pics, collect autographs and spend quality time with Mickey, Minnie and the gang or a host of Disney Junior pals. The event must be reserved before your cruise begins during your advanced booking window. When reserving tickets, if a specific time is unavailable, try selecting another time and/or day. In addition to booking online, a limited number of tickets may be available on the first day of your cruise. Please check with Guest Services once on board the ship to determine if there is availability.
Additional Character Breakfast Information
- A Character Breakfast is featured on one morning of select 7-plus night cruises with a minimum of 2 days at sea.
- The Disney Junior Character Breakfast is presented on 7-plus night cruises departing from U.S. domestic ports with a minimum of 2 days at sea. While appearances may vary per cruise, Jake, Sophia and Doc McStuffins are typically the featured Characters.
- VIP Characters appear on 7-plus night cruises departing from non-domestic ports (including our Alaskan itineraries) with a minimum of 2 days at sea. Though appearances may vary per cruise, most sailings will include Mickey, Minnie, Goofy and Pluto.
- Character Breakfasts with Mickey, Minnie, Goofy and Pluto are featured on 14-night transatlantic and Panama Canal cruises.
- Character Breakfasts are not currently offered on any 2-, 3-, 4-, 5- or 6-night cruises.
Various Disney Princesses can be found during the Princess Gathering, a special ticketed event that must be reserved before your cruise begins during your advanced booking window. When reserving tickets, if a specific time is unavailable, try selecting another time and/or day. In addition to booking online, a limited number of tickets may be available on the first day of your cruise. Please check with Guest Services once on board the ship to determine if there is availability. Past appearances have included Belle from Beauty and the Beast, Aurora from Sleeping Beauty, Rapunzel from Tangled, Tiana from The Princess and the Frog, Ariel from The Little Mermaid, in addition to Cinderella and Snow White.
Another way to meet your favorite Disney Princess is to attend the Royal Court Royal Tea. For an additional fee, experience the royal treatment at this magical tea party, as well as enchanting visits from some popular Disney princesses! While dining, you’ll also enjoy storytelling, singing and dancing!
Meet the Stars of Disney’s Frozen
Princes and Princesses can meet their favorite stars from Frozen including Anna, Elsa, Kirstoff, and Olaf during this special ticketed event. To reserve tickets before your cruise begins, visit My Cruise Activities within your advance booking window. When reserving tickets, if a specific time is unavailable, try selecting another time and/or day. In addition to booking online, a limited number of tickets may be available on the first day of your cruise. Please check with Guest Services once on board the ship to determine if there is availability.
Star Wars Day at Sea (Specialty Sailing)
Feel the Force when you encounter some of your favorite heroes and villains of the legendary Star Wars saga during Star Wars Day at Sea cruises. Share hugs with legendary Wookiee warrior and Han Solo's loyal friend, Chewbacca. Exchange greetings and enjoy a laugh with ever-dependable droids R2-D2 and C-3PO. Snap photos with the dreaded Dark Lord of the Sith, Darth Vader—if you dare! Younglings can even train in the ways of the Force—and then test their new skills against the power of the Dark Side during Jedi Training: Trials of the Temple. Reserve these thrilling meet-and-greet sessions before you set sail—and experience “a galaxy far, far away” like never before! Note: The Star Wars Day at Sea happens on select 7-Night Caribbean cruises from Port Canaveral. Complete information can be found here.
Marvel Day at Sea (Specialty Sailing)
Families assemble! Come face-to-face with some of Marvel's mightiest during Marvel Day at Sea Cruises! Brave photos alongside Marvel Super Heroes from New York City — such as Iron Man, Spider-Man and Black Panther — and share hugs and receive autographs from Guardian of the Galaxy Groot. Note: The Marvel Day at Sea happens on select 5-night cruises from Miami to The Bahamas and the Western Caribbean in 2021. Complete infromation can be found here.
Pixar Pals Party (Specialty Sailing)
Meet the Disney·Pixar pals following their dazzling performance. Revel in the unique opportunity to meet, greet, get autographs and snap photos with such animated celebrities as:
- Woody and Jessie from Toy Story
- Remy and Emile from Ratatouille
- Joy from Inside Out
- Russell and Dug—Squirrel!—from Up
- Mr. Incredible and Mrs. Incredible (Bob Parr and Helen Parr) from The Incredibles
- Boo and Sully (James P. Sullivan) from Monsters, Inc.
Please Note: Pixar Pals Party is offered exclusively on Alaskan cruises aboard the Disney Wonder in place of Pirate Night. Entertainment and Character appearances are subject to change.
Additional character experiences and opportunities:
Depending on when you sail, various other Disney Characters may join along on the fun. Special events that feature additional character offerings include:
- New Year's Eve
- Thanksgiving Day at Sea
- Very Merrytime Cruises
- Halloween on the High Seas
Characters for these special events are subject to change.